6. Lively Intercessory Prayer – At first, I just read through the book. Now that I go through the devotions with my prayer partner, I realize that they are even more valuable than I first thought! I got answers to questions that I could not solve by myself. I thank God also for my prayer partner who participates openly and with lots of energy. I was impressed with the book from the first pages. We should not only pray for someone, but also lovingly care about that person. This makes the Intercessory Prayer come alive. I regret that I never saw intercessory prayer in this light before. Living, lively faith! I am convinced that the intercession is just as important for the one who prays, as it is for the one being prayed for. Similarly, I was convinced from the outset that the Community spirit is promoted in the congregation. Oh I hope that Communities arise, as described in the later chapters. Frankly speaking, I cried, because I really had been longing for such a community for a long time!
I am convinced that the book promotes “Christ in me” and frees us of our own works. I read a few books about “Christ in me”, but this book seems to be the most useful of all. I believe that through this book, prayer life is strengthened, fellowship in the church is increased, and Intercessory Prayer comes alive. Next, I will study the instructions “40-days”, which I found on www.missionsbrief.de. I will pray about it and spread it where God instructs me to do so. At first, I read the book alone. But when I went through the devotions with my prayer partner, I realized that they are far more valuable than I had first thought. In mutual exchange learned many things which I had not previously discovered while reading by myself. H.K
7. God is at work! – I read on the mission letter website the first 3 chapters of “Steps to Personal Revival” and printed out all pages. I wanted to study the full article and dig into it. Because it is just what I need personally. I have now worked through it three times and always discover new things. Now I go back to it to understand it even better and implement it with the help of God in everyday life. God is at work! I am convinced this will make a difference! However I realized that I myself am not yet ready to implement the entire concept of the 40 days. I need more personal preparation and that’s why I’m aiming to study and experience these devotions by myself at first … before I can really pass it on. I.K
8. No longer sure – The booklet “Steps to Personal Revival” has touched me tremendously … The chapter about the 10 Virgins, but especially Romans 8,9b : ” But whoever has not the Spirit of Christ, he is not His” shocked me. All of a sudden I was not sure if I have the Holy Spirit and if he works in me because I sadly miss the “fruits” in my life. Today, Sabbath afternoon, I read the small volume to the end and an infinite and profound sadness overcame me. Then I read the prayer on page 69 and the deep desire that I receive the Holy Spirit and my heart be changed, and God the Father form me according to his will … Thanks for the booklet, and the words which touched me profoundly A. P.
9. A true wake-up-call – Only now I really understand how important it is to ask for the in-filling of the Holy Spirit. In the book “40-days” this request is indeed an integral part of daily prayer. I used to ask only occasionally for the Holy Spirit and am grateful for the advanced understanding. I also became aware that fellowship is very important. The booklet “Steps to Personal Revival” really woke me up and showed me how strong and intense prayer has become through the application of God’s promises, and how important it is to consecrate myself every day to my Saviour.
10. Amazing Experiences – We are having amazing experiences using the booklet “Steps to Personal Revival”. Many sisters and brothers pray daily the recommended prayer (p. 69) in pairs, I am praying it for the last 5 months with a girlfriend. Not only in the personal area things are moving upwards for all. There are things clarified in the homes, relationships, marriages, in their spiritual life and in the congregation; not that there are giant conflicts, things just happen in a quiet way. We are very surprised and see it as God’s purifying processes that make life in a certain way easier because we feel God’s closeness more and more. The other day a sister said to me: “I have always thought of living a good life that pleases God, but too many difficulties stood in my way. At last my dream has come true. And that’s just the beginning..!” Also, two sisters from the Reformed Church are praying daily this prayer for several weeks now, and they experience amazing things. Things get clarified, which they previously did not know that there was something to clarify. E.S.
11. Recognize HIM – Some time ago I read your article about Revival in the “Missionsbrief”. I am working on this topic for about the last 3 years. Now I have started to read “Steps to Personal Revival”. All I can say is “AMEN”! I am glad that I was able to find a lot of “my own” thoughts in these lines! I also have the impression that in our congregations we are missing the mark. I cannot but think that we Adventists lost focus for what is really important! How often do we ask, “what is the truth”, “how should we live”, or “how important is prophecy”, and I do not mean that this is wrong. But we overlook WHY God has given us these things! Is not the goal of truth the complete communion with God? Should not these areas rather help us to REALLY get to know God? Is it not the goal of prophecy that we recognize HIM in his greatness and omnipotence and that we realize that, since he is holding the whole world in his hand, he can just as well guide our life! What is eternal life? John 17.3: “Now this is eternal life: that they may KNOW you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”
In the parable, the groom simply said to the five foolish virgins: “I do not know you!” The goal of our faith is simply to recognize God and to have communion with HIM, so that HE can fill us, just as he filled the temple with his presence (2 Chr. 5,13.14). And if he so floods us, filling our whole being, then it is no longer we who live, but Christ living in us. (Author known to the editor)
12. But God is there! – Our congregation is going through a very difficult time, but God is there! We motivated church members to read the booklet “Steps to Personal Revival”. On the Sabbath we heard a sermon about the worship book “40-days” and gave the members opportunity to describe their experiences with the booklet. The following Sunday we started studying the “40-days- book”. Twenty days later, a get-together is planned with a sermon and Potluck. We see that many members highly motivated. We have the desire to overcome the difficult situation in the congregation, and to be open for the Holy Spirit. We must first see that we are lacking something, and then comes this desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit. By the following Sabbath almost all members had read the booklet “Steps to Personal Revival” by Helmut Haubeil. Some even more than once! Eight persons reported their experiences. Many said they sensed a new spirit. All 40-days worship booklets were distributed. Through prayer for each other arises close to each other. I’m so glad that something is moving, and I am very confident. (Writer known to the author)